|Subject: ADL 46 AM1|
Pay-In-USDPayPal Secured Payment. Indian Credit card/Bank Account Holder can't pay here. Please visit DistPub.in for INR Payment.
|Others Payment Method|
Question 1. Explain what is product planning? What is the role of the product manager?
Question 2. Explain "Competition" and what are the probable approaches to select competitors by choosing the relevant product levels and specific brands.
Question 3. With help of an illustration explain the elements of product strategy.
Question 4. What are the major factors for assessing category attractiveness analysis explain with help of illustration.
Question 5. Explain the methods of estimating market sales potential with illustrations.
Question 1. Conceiving , developing and evaluating new products is a complex process. Comment
Question 2. "The price objective and subsequent decision cannot be made without adequate analysis of market and due market strategy to be followed." Explain.
Question 3. What is product sales analysis, explain with help of illustration.
Question 1. What kind of brand loyalty is this? And how does Vuitton achieve this?
Question 2. Take example of fictitious product and give its detail branding strategy.
1. The engine power of an automobile is measured in BHP. It is an abbreviation for--
(a) Base horse power.
(b) Brake horse power.
(c) Brake highest power.
(d) Best horse power.
2. NYLON - the synthetic fiber invented in 1935 from which word it has been coined--
(a) New York and Los Angeles.
(b) New York and Lisbon.
(c) New Delhi, Yokohama and London.
(d) New York and London.
3. Which company developed the beta max format?
4. Which gas is extensively used in refrigeration and is greatly responsible for depletion of ozone layer?
(c) Liquid oxygen.
(d) Liquid nitrogen.
5. According to Montreal protocol India has to phase out the production of CFC by year--
6. In most toilet soaps the wrapper mentions TFM contents, the term stands for--
(a) Total fatty material.
(b) Total fatty matter.
(c) Total fragrance material.
(d) Total foam material.
7. Quality of soap is judged by--
(a) Amount of synthetic surfactant.
(b) Quality of fragrance used in it.
(c) Amount of lather it generates.
(d) TFM content.
8. Under the packaged commodities rule of weights and measures act a soap manufacturer is required to mention which of the following on the wrapper--
(a) TFM content only.
(b) Amount of detergent material only.
(c) TFM as well as detergent only.
(d) All the ingredients.
9. In India the soft drinks manufacturer are supposed to mention; which of the following on the container?
(a) All the ingredients used.
(b) Manufacturing and expiry date and max retail price.
(c) FPO No.
(d) B & C
10. Processed and packaged products display FPO symbol on packaging, what does FPO stands for?
(a) Food producers' organization.
(b) Food producers order.
(c) Food products order.
(d) Food processing and packaging order.
11. A fuel has been named after this automobile engineer who was he?
(a) Rudolf Mobil.
(b) Rudolf Diesel.
(d) Ferdinand Porche.
12. A tea brand from HLL caused quite a controversy since it was mixture of tea with two other ingredients, tapioca was one, and which was the other?
(b) Black pepper.
13. This object of every day use is generally absent in casinos--
(c) Electric lamps.
(d) Electric fans.
14. If hotel is branded as Ecotel; what does it mean?
(a) It's an economy class hotel.
(b) Environment sensitive.
(c) It offers online booking.
(d) Meant for environment sensitive people.
15. The conventional model of bicycles manufactured in India is known as Roadster cycles. SLR is a light and sporty bike stands for--
(a) Stream lined roadster.
(b) Slim and light roadster.
(c) Sports and light roadster.
(d) Stylish light roadster.
16. SLR is a type of still camera; what does SLR stands for?
(a) Single lens refraction.
(b) Single lens reflector.
(c) Strong lens reflector.
(d) Small light reflector.
17. Gin a kind of alcoholic drink first made by doctor. he made it to cure--
(a) Diseases of kidney.
(b) Diseases of stomach.
(c) Drug addiction.
(d) Diseases of liver.
18. Which product invented in 1902 was nicknamed as noisy serpent?
(a) Fax machine.
(b) Hair dryer.
(c) Air conditioner
(d) Vacuum cleaner
19. Why sneakers are called so?
(a) Due to their runner sole are so silent that you can sneak up to someone without that person hearing you.
(b) Because they are used for sneaking purposes.
(c) Because they are used by secret agents.
(d) No particular reason is there behind naming.
20. Which country has put the famous AK- 47 rifle designed by Mikhail Kalashnikov in its national emblem?
21. Which food product's name comes from Chinese word meaning "pickled fish brine"?
22. At the soft drinks plant; why are soft drinks made with chilled water rather than water at room temperature?
(a) Ingredients dissolve better in chilled water.
(b) Chilled water enhances taste.
(c) Chilled water attracts more carbon- di- oxide.
(d) Chilled water is more hygienic.
23. Who is credited with coining the terms "lipstick" and "make-up"?
(a) Max factor.
(b) Coco Chanel.
(c) Dina Vreeland.
(d) Anita Roddick.
24. What does Rug mark or Kaleen label on carpet signify?
(a) The carpets are environment friendly.
(b) The carpets are made of biodegradable material.
(c) The manufacturing of carpets confirm ISO 14000 standards.
(d) Child labour is not been used in manufacturing the carpet.
25. Name the city and the country where the largest flower auction is held--.
(a) Astmer in Holland
26. In Japan you cannot own a car unless you prove that you have the space to park it. But small car owners are exempted. What is the term for a small car?
(a) R- Car.
(b) Kie jidosha.
27. Which trendy fabric was originally adapted from a rough cloth called serge, originally made in France, once used only by laborers and peasants?
28. What was the earlier name of comic books?
(b) Coffee table books.
(d) Slap books.
29. The product is an ancient ayurvedic recipe named after old blind sage--
(a) Pudin hara
(b) Lavon bhasher churna
(c) Kayam churan
30. Bellary - a small town is famous for the manufacturing of the product for export market--
(c) Leather bags.
31. What kind of movies is referred as "sleepers"?
(a) Which make audience fall to sleep?
(b) Which start slowly but later on become a box office hit?
(c) Low budget movies which become hit.
(d) Movies which take inordinately long time to finish.
32. What does the 'homologation period of an imported/going to be introduced foreign model automobile?
(a) Adopting the automobile to Indian emission and safety norms.
(b) Making changes in the automobile as per the Indian customers.
(c) Making changes as per local road conditions and fuel quality.
(d) Completing such formalities such as getting permissions from govt authorities.
33. What does brown dot on a pack of processed food indicate?
(a) It's been processed and packed under hygienic conditions.
(b) The manufacturer has not used child labour.
(c) It is ISO certified.
(d) Contains non vegetarian ingredients.
34. Hamburgers got its name from--
(a) Hamburg in Germany.
35. The second most sold item at duty free shops the world over is perfume what is ranked first--
36. Which product is made from cellulose gum, humectants, detergents and mint flavor?
(a) Chewing gum.
(b) Tooth paste.
37. Which invention by Lyle Goodhue and William Sullivan has been accused of damaging the ozone layer?
(b) Blood plasma storage system.
(c) Chlorofluorocarbons (CFC).
38. For what path breaking invention in the automobile engineering was Robert Bosch GmbH awarded a patent on 7th January 1902?
(a) Spark plug.
(b) Internal combustion engine.
(c) Multi point fuel injection system.
(d) Carburetor system.
39. Which was the first manufacturing item to be sold on hire purchase?
(b) Sewing machine.
(c) Pressure cookers.
(d) Fishing boats.
40. What does the term CTC stand for in CTC tea?
(a) Commercial tea for consumers.
(b) Centre for tea consumption.
(c) Crush, Tear & Curl.
(d) Crushed tea for consumption.